phpMyAdmin is software tool that is free. It’s written in PHP and handles the administration of MySQL over the WEB. phpMyAdmin handle operations such as managing databases, tables, columns, relations, users, permissions etc. In phpMyAdmin these actions can be performed through user interface without a need to directly execute SQL statement.
For Our project “Bored in Bournemouth” we had to create 2 tables in phpMyAdmin. First One that manages the data and the relation between register and logged in users and the second one for “submit your day out” page which stores the information in the database about what day out the registered user submitted.
The User table created consisted of 5 entities which are:
- User ID – In Auto increment so that all users are unique (which starts from 0 an goes up )
- User name – Varchar(255) can consist letter and numbers no more that 255 characters. User can input a username he wants as long as it is not taken.
- Password – Varchar (255). User chooses a password.
- Email – Varchar (255). User inputs his email address.
- Date Joined – Give a date stamp in the database when the user have registered
Submit your day out FORM
The User table created consisted of 6 entities which are:
- ID – In Auto increment so that all day out are unique (which starts from 0 an goes up )
- User name – Varchar(255) can consist letter and numbers no more that 255 characters. For Authentication that the user is logged in.
- Name – Varchar(255) User insert the name of the day out.
- Description- Text. User inserts the description of the day out.
- Location – Text. User inserts the location of the day out.
- Rating – Int. User gives a rating value for the day out from 1 to 5.