During the meetings that I had with my team we have decided on our website idea and functionality of it.
Our initial idea was to create a website for tourist that visit Bournemouth and give them suggestion of activities that they can do in Bournemouth. Following the brief we have understood that Tourists will not be a specific group of people that we can target. Following this we have change the idea slightly and decided to target Families with Young Children. We have also came up with the name for our website which is ‘Bored at Bournemouth’
The idea that we have for the website will consist of the following features and functions:
- The user will be able to choose what type of day he wants to have (e.g. Active, Social, Cultural, Shopping)
- The Day Out’s suggested by administrators will be stored in Day Out Page
- The user will be able to see the activities, description of it, the opening times, location and website.
- Users will have an option to register to the website to submit his own day out by providing the name of the activity, description, location and rating.
I have performed some individual research to find websites with similar functionality and features. One of the most popular website that exists with very similar features is Trip Advisor
As a user on TripAdvisor you can:
- Search for hotels, restaurants, flights, holiday ideas, cruises ect.
- User can see reviews and ratings of other people that have been to the hotel, restaurant ect.
- Register users can rate and review the place they have been to
- Business owner can add they hotels and restaurants to TripAdvisor
- User can complete bookings through TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor has a lot to offer for the user in terms of the huge amount of information it consists of. In terms of the functionality of the website there is similar features that our website will have but rather than focusing on a large scale we focus locally which will work as an individual website for Bournemouth Town so the user will know that all the information in there is for Bournemouth region only.
TripAdvisor – http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/